Help - Adding an opportunity
Your information on TheJobWorx is built around opportunities. An opportunity can be many things. It could be a job you’ve seen advertised on the internet or in a local newspaper, or it could be a snippet of information you heard through a conversation with a friend. Wherever and however you find out about opportunities, you can record them here.
To add a new opportunity:
- Make sure you’re logged in and click on the Add New Opportunity button. A form is displayed that you can fill in.
- Fill in whatever details you have already, paying particular attention to mandatory information and deadlines.
Note: some pieces of information are compulsory so the system can effectively control your information and link it to tasks and contacts. To add an opportunity, you will need to give it a name and assign a company to it. If you don’t know one or both of these things for sure, you can still add the opportunity by using a job title of your own choosing and even marking the company as Unknown. One of the strengths of TheJobWorx is the ability to set yourself tasks associated with opportunities. In cases like this, a task might be to go and find out what company you’ve heard about or what the job title might be.
- Give your opportunity a star rating so you can see easily on your dashboard which opportunities have the most potential for you.
- Once you’ve entered as much information as you have, click Add to add the opportunity to your dashboard.
The opportunity will now appear on your dashboard where you can click on it to view and edit the details whenever you need to.
To update or change the information in an opportunity:
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the opportunity you want to update.
- Click the Edit Opportunity Details button.
- Change and add information as required and click on Update to save your changes.
When an opportunity has closed or you no longer need it to be shown in your dashboard for any reason, you can archive it.
To archive an opportunity:
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the opportunity in your dashboard.
- Click on Edit Opportunity Details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Yes in the Archive Opportunity drop-down box.
- Click Update to save the change.
The opportunity will no longer appear in your dashboard.Download as a PDF